Several years ago I was able to serve an LDS mission in Milan Italy. I was there from March of 2001 through March of 2003. It was one of the best experiences of my life for a number of reasons. In particular, it helped me to prepare for life itself as I moved forward.

One of my goals was to go back to Italy. I wasn't sure when I was going to be able to, but the opportunity presented itself once I graduated from college. One of my friends and I were talking about vacations and she mentioned about wanting to go to Europe. She then remembered that I served a mission in Italy and asked if I wanted to go back someday. I said yes, that I would love to! She then said that we should go once I graduated, and I agreed. We spent the next few weeks trying to get people to come. Only two girls were able to come for one reason or another.

I knew that this time in Italy would be different for number of reasons. The biggest was that I would be able to enjoy Italy from a whole new perspective. I have kept up on my Italian fairly well, but I wasn't sure how it would be one I got back there. At first it felt like I was a little hesitant in talking, but it soon seemed to flow naturally.

The trip, which the girls named "Gelatofest", was a lot fun and eye opening to me for several reasons. The cities that we visited on this trip were Milano, Genova, Cinque Terre, Pisa, Fiorenze, Siena, Roma and Pompeii. Each city was incredible in so many ways. I would have had more time, I could have spent days, if not longer, in each city.

From this trip I learned that trips really help you to get to know people. (It's not often that you get to spend 24 hours with people.) I learned that know matter how well you think you may know someone, there is still more to learn.

Here are a few of the pictures from a few of the cities that I went to:

Milano








Genova



Cinque Terra
















Pisa




Florence











Pompeii




Rome































- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comments:

Ya, I am so glad you got to go back. I love the pictures.

About Me

My photo
Farmington, Utah, United States
I'm an energetic, outgoing, friendly, genuine guy. I love to make friends and I enjoy life. I'm goal driven and optimistic. I love to smile and have fun. I grew up in Sandy, Utah till I was about 10. Since then, I've been in Farmington, Utah. I grew up in a very family oriented home. Because of that, family is very important to me. We loved to go on family vacations and to play games. I love to play all types of card and board games. Nertz is one of my favorites. I also grew up playing all different types of sports: football, baseball, wrestling, soccer and basketball. I am a HUGE sports fan!!! I love the Angels, the 49ers, and the Jazz. I served an LDS mission in Milan, Italy. From my mission I learned to get to know people for who they truly are. I learned to care for people, despite our similarities and/or differences. Life is full of so many opportunities. Sometimes you just need to take a chance and see what will happen.

Followers