Many of us go through life without a second thought. Others are constantly evaluating the efforts that are made in their own lives to make sure they are constantly becoming better. I know of several people that fit into both areas, but haven't really had the opportunity to grasp what life is really all about. At the same time, I know of many that do. Life is full of challenges and opportunities. It's all on how we look at it as to whether we will succeed or not. Recently I went though an experience that I am grateful that I'm still alive (and I've had several of them growing up). My experience brought me to pondering the various aspects of my life and where I currently stand. I would like to share my experience with you...

I was at a pool party with several of my friends. It was a tri-ward party at Bishop Craig's home. Several of us were playing around in the pool. There was a slide and we were going down several ways: frontwards, backwards, in trains, etc. One time there were three of us that were going down. I was the third one up on top to go down the train. As we started to go down, the guy in the middle pushed out and up to get us going. With me being on the top, there was little room, if any, from the top of the slide and being knocked off... Turns out that I got knocked off.

As this started to happen, for some reason I saw everything happening before it did. I knew I had few options if I didn't want to get hurt pretty bad, if not die. If I tried to grab anything, I could potentially do myself in. Knowing that could happen, I guarded my head with both my arms and waited to see what would happen. I ended up falling about 8 1/2 feet and landed on the cement and immediately rolled into the pool. It all happened so fast, that I got right up like nothing happened. Everybody was staring at me, most without saying a word. One of my friends, Ben Baker, asked if I was okay. I told him I was fine, just a little sore. Another friend, Christy Butler, made me get out of the pool. She went and got me ibuprofen and ice. The rest of the night I just talked to a few of my friends. I had the fortunate opportunity to tell my story numerous times along the way.

While I thought nothing of the experience, I listened to advice of others and went to the doctor to get everything checked out. It turns out that I was extremely lucky and nothing happened but swelling and bruising. One of the many miracles that I have had in my life.

After going through this experience, I realized once again that this life is too short to let everything pass by. I have been blessed with so many amazing people in my life that have helped me obtain a life full of joy. I consider these types of situations gifts and riches. With that said, I truly can consider myself one of the richest men in the world. All because of the strength, support and love by those that care for me. Thank you.

Adam

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Farmington, Utah, United States
I'm an energetic, outgoing, friendly, genuine guy. I love to make friends and I enjoy life. I'm goal driven and optimistic. I love to smile and have fun. I grew up in Sandy, Utah till I was about 10. Since then, I've been in Farmington, Utah. I grew up in a very family oriented home. Because of that, family is very important to me. We loved to go on family vacations and to play games. I love to play all types of card and board games. Nertz is one of my favorites. I also grew up playing all different types of sports: football, baseball, wrestling, soccer and basketball. I am a HUGE sports fan!!! I love the Angels, the 49ers, and the Jazz. I served an LDS mission in Milan, Italy. From my mission I learned to get to know people for who they truly are. I learned to care for people, despite our similarities and/or differences. Life is full of so many opportunities. Sometimes you just need to take a chance and see what will happen.

Followers